Tito allows you to import Attendees in bulk using our import template. Head to Attendees > Import (under the ⚙️ icon) and then click on Download Template (CSV) under Step 1. Populate the spreadsheet without changing any of the headings and then upload the updated template under Step 2 and click Import.
This is a real timesaver, but the caveat is that Tito has to be very particular about the data and format, otherwise it won't be able to read the file.
If your import fails, check the following:
- Is it the correct file type? We support .csv or .xlsx only. If your file is in .xls or .numbers format, it won't work, so try re-saving in a supported format and try your upload again.
- Do all the headings and columns match the template? If you change the headings or add any columns, it'll cause the template to become unreadable. Paste your data into the template without changing the structure and try your upload again.
- Does the ticket name match an existing ticket type? When you upload the file, Tito tries to match each attendee to a ticket type, based on whatever you've entered in the Ticket column for each person. If the ticket name doesn't exactly match an existing ticket type you've created, the import will fail. By default, the template will say "Example Ticket 1", "Example Ticket 2" etc. Please replace this text with the names of real ticket types you've created for your event.
- Are the tickets available? There need to be enough tickets be available in order to be able to add attendees to them. Check that your tickets aren't paused, ended, sold out or restricted by an Activity, and if so update them and try your upload again.
- Are there unnecessary gaps? If you have any empty lines between data, Tito won't be able to read the file. Please remove any unneeded rows and data, and try your upload again.
- Are the email addresses valid? If you have any invalid email addresses (including two email addresses in a single cell), the file will fail validation and won't be uploaded. Please double check all the email addresses are valid and try your upload again.
- Is the file format breaking the special characters? Try saving as a .csv UTF-8, as this tends to be the most reliable format for preserving special characters, and try your upload again.
One final thing to bear in mind is that manually uploaded attendees are not automatically sent an email confirmation, as Tito assumes you have handled their registration offline or using another platform. If you wish to notify people that they've been added to the event, you can use our Messages feature. A link to each recipient's ticket will automatically be included at the bottom of each email.
If you have any follow-up questions, drop us a line at email@example.com or chat to us in-app and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can.